TecPlex® is a Calcium Sulfonate grease developed specifically for use in Steel Mill operations. The product is formulated to withstand intense heat while providing excellent protection from extreme pressures of working with heavy shock loading in steel processing. This grease is incredibly resistant to heavy water washout, and in contrast to Aluminum Complex & Lithium Complex greases it provides additional protection to equipment during downtime by absorbing water that could potentially corrode bearings and other parts. In addition, active ingredients in the grease prevent the formation of rust from salt and humidity. TecPlex® has additional oil to improve pumpability making it ideal for use in centralized systems feeding hard-to-lubricate areas of the mill such as continuously fed caster segments.
• Grade 1 & 2 ISO 460 Formulation.
• Offers excellent protection from extreme pressures resulting from shock loading
• Superior protection from rust and corrosion
• Excellent resistance to water washout
• Outstanding high-temperature properties
• Environmentally friendly since the formulation contains no antimony, barium, chlorine, phosphorus, zinc or free sulfur
• Extended re-grease intervals, reducing grease consumption
Daubert Tecplex greases are recommended for heavily loaded and water saturated applications in the steel and paper mill environments. Specific examples of such applications include:
• Ladle turret bearings
• Continuous casters
• Hot rolling work roll bearings
• Roll necks
• Couch, press and breast rolls (Paper Mills)
• Wood pellet mill roll bearings