HEICO-LOCK® Wedge Locking Systems
HEICO-LOCK® Wedge Lock Washers
Self-loosening of critical bolted joints can result in extremely negative situations: machine damage, loss of revenue, work stoppages and even harm to personnel. HEICO-LOCK® wedge locking systems prevent bolt loosening through tension principles and not with commonly used friction-based locking methods or chemical adhesives.
This is a two-part lock washer consisting of identical pairs with radial teeth/serrated edges on the outside and wedged surfaces on the insides. When the bolt is tightened, the external radial teeth of the HEICO-LOCK® wedge lock washers imprint into the mating surfaces while simultaneously engaging the interlocking internal wedges.
If the bolted joint is subject to dynamic stresses (vibration, dynamic loads), movement is only possible between the wedge lock washer’s internal wedge-shaped surfaces, which creates a slight increase in the clamping forces. Since the wedge angle is greater than the angle of the bolt’s pitch thread, self-loosening potential is eliminated.
- Certified and proven (DIN 25201-4, DIN 65151, NASM 1312-7)
- Performance ensured whether lubrication is/is not used
- Can be reused
- Easy to install; comes as a pre-assembled pair
- Suitable for up to 12.9 strength class and grade 8 bolts and their respective nuts
- Available in zinc-flake coated carbon steel, stainless steel, SMO 254 and Inconel 718, in both narrow and enlarged OD’s
- Heavily stocked in Hickory, NC in standard sizes up to 3” and M76
- Custom sizes and coatings available
HEICO Fastening System’s family of wedge locking washers are a proven critical bolt locking method used throughout heavy industry. HEICO-LOCK® wedge lock washers are the ultimate insurance to prevent self-loosening of a bolted joint under intense vibration and dynamic loads.
The Combi-Washer is HEICO’s newest addition to the proven wedge lock washer family of clamp-load securing lock washers. The Combi-Washer offers huge advantages to the Distributor, OEM and End User in improving existing applications and granting safety and performance measures to new designs.
How is the Combi-Washer different from the standard HEICO-LOCK® wedge lock washer? A thermoplastic inner ring secures the two wedge lock washer halves into one unit and tabs on the inner locking ring provide a semi-fixed connection to any same sized bolt, creating a SEMS-like bolt assembly. Advantages Include:
- Identical performance to the standard HEICO-LOCK® wedge lock washer
- Easily mounted to all commercially available bolts
- Ensures correct orientation of washer halves after initial installation (no adhesive)
- Increased cost value due to efficiencies in time and streamlining
- Advantageous to both kitting scenarios, serial production and MRO applications
- Available in metric sizes from M8-M16 and inch sizes from 3/8”-3/4”. Other sizes available on demand. Available in both standard and enlarged OD.
HEICO-LOCK® Wedge Lock Nuts
HEICO's Wedge Lock Nuts permanently combine the HEICO-LOCK® wedge lock washer with a right sized nut to create a single unit, quickening assembly times and preventing incorrect joint assembly. When properly torqued, the geometry of the wedge lock washer ensures the bolted joint will not self-loosen under the most extreme conditions of high vibration, shock/dynamic loading and high thermal variations. Available in common inch & metric sizes, in both course and fine threads.
If you need a simple, fast and reliable solution to keeping bolted joints tight, or just want to know more about our other critical bolted joint solutions, please visit us at AISTech Booth 2365. You can also contact HEICO Fastening Systems at phone 888.822.5661, email email@example.com or go to https://www.heico-lock.us.