The Value of On-Line Dissolved Gas Monitors
The Value of On-Line Dissoved Gas Monitoring
- Uninterrupted power supply is the lifeblood of many steel processes
- Tranformers are CRITICAL to the production cycle
- Transformers need modern monitors and specialst support
- On-line moniotring reduces the risk of sudden power loss and potentially catastophic failure
- Failure Rates
- Tradionally, overall transformers failure rates are quoted at 1 to 4 % (depending on application and geography); typical useful life is expected 40 years
- EAF transformer failure rates have been quotes as high as 15% of operatign units (with 50% failure within 3 years); useful life s quotes as 7 to 10 years.
- Inndustry practice is to have a 'sliding spare' . . . . But where is it located and how long does it take to exchange ?
- What criteria is used to decide when to replace it ?
Brands: Transformer Monitoring