They are available with extended stand-off distances and greater depth-of-fields than the standard InteliSENS® SL Series gauges, which allows them to be used to measure very high-temperature objects such as in hot-rolling processes.
Applications requiring a precise cut-to-length process benefit from the non-slip and highly accurate laser measurement technique which reduces scrap, increases uptime, and improves material yield by eliminating product “Give Away” or “Short Length” claims.
Focused on connectivity the SLM-i4 Smart Sensor with 32bit communications comes preloaded with Profibus, Profinet, and Ethernet Industrial Protocol for your PLC connection. Modbus, OPC-UA, RS232, RS485, and WiFi round out a wide range of digital communications for your Industry 4.0 Solution.
- Non-contact, high-speed, solid-state laser speed and length measurement with no slippage, drift, or mechanical wear and greatly reduced maintenance compared with contact wheel/roller systems.
- Unidirectional speed and length measurement.
- UKAS-traceable calibration; accuracy better than 0.05% and repeatability better than 0.02%.
- Rugged industrial design for use in harsh factory environments.
- Available fitted with industry-standard communications interfaces for easy integration with PLCs and production line equipment.
- Excellent value with low cost of ownership.
- Harsh environment enclosures are available from Proton Products on request.