The need for intelligence in motor control centers (MCCs) has been magnified by recent technology trends such as Industry 4.0, IoT and Industrial Ethernet. Eaton MCCs provide the depth of intelligence needed to enable today’s “smart” manufacturing and asset management practices. Supporting a wide range of communication options, MCCs seamlessly integrate with all major manufacturers of distributed control systems, programmable logic controllers and SCADA systems.
Intelligent Power solutions for MCCs:
- Provide precise control through intelligent motor control devices
- Support a wide array of device-level components
- Immediate access to detailed information enhances asset management
- Advanced failure warnings and troubleshooting tools improve uptime
- Communicating MCCs allow user to be outside the arc flash boundary and interrogate each load remotely
What makes a motor control center (MCC) intelligent?
Motor control centers provide monitoring and control for the operation of a collection of electrical loads. When integrated with communications and smart devices, this equipment becomes intelligent – enabling actionable insight into the power system. Intelligent MCCs allow you to easily access data, make more informed decisions, and control the MCC to optimize facility, process and power system performance.
Intelligent MCCs are characterized by open, secure communications and interoperability with building and facility systems to:
- Deliver immediate access to detailed information that enhances asset management when you need it, where you need it
- Provide precise control and monitoring through intelligent devices
- Easily integrate with new and legacy systems using any of the major industrial protocols
Engineers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), contractors, and facility and maintenance managers use intelligent motor control centers to accelerate project timelines, reduce costs, enhance personnel safety and gain valuable insight into plant operations. Communications, real-time and historical power system data, and ability to access information from the MCC remotely provide a new level of building and process oversight that directly impacts the bottom line.
Intelligent motor control center applications:
Motor control centers provide monitoring and control for the operation of many critical process loads. When integrated with communications and smart end devices, this equipment becomes “smart” and enables actionable insight into the power system. Intelligent Motor Control Centers allow you to easily access data, make more informed decisions, and optimize the performance of your facility, process and power system. Whether modernizing a facility, expanding operations for new processes or building new facilities, intelligent MCCs can provide powerful system advantages. Read on to see how these facilities have seen operational benefits from the incorporation of capabilities of intelligent MCCs.