Featuring the first carbon-capable high-resolution echelle spectrometer, known as HiRES Technology, the Rigaku KT-500 analyzer represents the next advancement in handheld laser induced breakdown spectroscopy (LIBS). Its carbon capability gives the user the ability to analyze ferrous and non-ferrous alloys on one device, making it the single tool of choice for quality assurance in metal fabrication and positive materials identification (PMI) in mission-critical applications, such as in power generation, oil and gas and aerospace.
Expanded LIBS Capabilities
The handheld Rigaku KT-500 LIBS analyzer strengthens the capabilities of LIBS technology and provides the user with better analysis of low alloy steels, stainless steels, nickel and cobalt alloys, and now carbon steels. Because of this, the KT-500 is the solution for addressing all the most common alloy grades used in metal fabrication. Additionally carbon analysis, along with low detection limits for other key elements, makes it ideal for determining carbon equivalence as well as solving many of the key applications required in petro-chemical facilities including sulfidation corrosion and residual elements.
Fit for Purpose Features
Designed for use industrial applications, the following features put the KT-500 in a class of its own:
- Lightweight with aluminum housing
- IP-54 rating for protection against dusty environments
- Hot-swappable batteries
- Carbon analysis in steels including carbon, low alloy and stainless steels.
- High performance of stainless steels, nickel and cobalt alloys without purge gas consumption.
- Multiple access user interface to facilitate single handed operation and/or with gloved hands.
- Integrated micro-camera
- WiFi for easy data transfer and report generation
- Access and download data without using third party software
- Docking / charging station
Another major benefit to the user is that because the KT Series of handheld LIBS analyzers utilizes a laser excitation source, the KT-500 is safe for the user to analyze small components while holding in hand, as well as minimal to no regulatory licensing requirements.
* The Rigaku KT-500 will be available for demonstration and purchase only in North America at this time. Global distribution will be available later in the year.