Work rolls in cold or hot rolling mills are one example of the excellent performance that customers expect. The highest priority here is maximum protection for expensive antifriction bearings. Freudenberg has developed a special Radial Shaft Seal for this purpose: Merkel Radiamatic RPM 41:
• Standard profiles in customer-specific dimensions
• Fast availability for repair needs – within 24 hours when necessary
• Improved durability and better self-retaining sealing ring seat
• Suited to open and closed installation spaces
• Smooth installation/dismantling due to elastomer seat
• With no pretensioning spring on the seal lip
Freudenberg Sealing Technologies offers sealing solutions for a wide variety of applications in the iron and steel industry, including: roller adjusting cylinders (HAGC), backup/work rolls, ladle turrets, electrical arc furnaces (EAF), continuous casting equipment, transmission/drive shafts, cylinders for lifting, positioning, balancing, bending, winding and coiling.