– First and Only Flame-Free,
Environmentally-Friendly Heat Source –
(LAS VEGAS, N.V. – 2/7/19) – A proven technology in the spa and beauty space for over a decade, Lava Gel has now been adapted for use in foodservice formats. Lava Gel is a patented and proven self-heating technology comprised of natural minerals that produce a safe, controlled, instant source of sustained and reliable spot heat. The first products being introduced are half pan H°EATS branded trays, chafing adapters and drop-off catering display pans.
Unlike other foodservice heating products, the HºEATS trays have an engineered, smart heat curve that activates to meet the temperature of the food pan and then sustains evenly distributed heat between 145°-165°F for up to 2 hours. The heat curve is designed to carry catered food from the oven to the table and maintain quality during transport. Chefs can now provide a direct-to-table, hot food experience with uncompromised quality whether the guest is eating a drop-off catered meal at the office, at a banquet facility or corporate cafeteria.
The half pan trays were developed in close collaboration with industry leaders including culinary experts and top operators. Products have been refined into 2 distinct tray formats engineered for food transport or open buffet:
- h°eats GO: Mobile heat for delivery and takeout that seamlessly goes the distance from oven to table in covered transport and service formats. Heat and hold at 145° to 165° for 2 hours, with cover.
- h°eats SERVE: oven to table heat boosted up for professionals and open buffet catering. Heat and hold at 145° to 165° for 2 hours, uncovered.
Elior North America, one of the leading operators in the contracted food industry, was first to market with the new technology, incorporating HºEATS into its catering services in four markets: Philadelphia, PA; Minneapolis, MN; Pittsburgh, PA; and Charlotte, NC. The company will begin using HºEATS in Jackson, MS and New York, NY in Q1 2019.
Lava Gel Technologies CEO, Dee Pettit noted, “With HºEATS, we’ve used Lava Gel technology to engineer a safe and controllable instant spot heat that can improve quality and reduce labor in delivery, catering and commercial kitchen operations. At HºEATS we are working to transform the way we enjoy ‘hot food hot’ by unplugging, elevating and mobilizing heated food and beverage experiences”.
HºEATS new product introduction, p.2
"h°eats trays are a remarkable breakthrough”, Dee Pettit continued, “The controlled heat means food never overcooks when holding, so we’ve significantly increased the quality of the catered food that guests enjoy as well as the necessary duration to be a streamlined, oven-to-table solution that goes straight into service.”
McClain Camarota Hospitality in Las Vegas has collaborated closely with the teams at Lava Gel Technologies to help test and refine final products and develop new innovations.
Operations Director & Managing Partner, Chef Richard Camarota stated, "It’s a complete transformation for us operationally, being simple to use and eliminating all the set-up of power cords or steam pans. A single tray takes us from the kitchen to transport and through service. The biggest benefit is it’s put our kitchen teams back in control of the food that meets the guest.”
HºEATS tray benefits to the foodservice industry include:
- Smart heat – patented, programmable heat curves for a myriad of heating temperatures, durations, and needs
- Personal safety – no fire hazards or hot liquid burns, nor any toxic or caustic ingredients
- Food safety – keeps dishes at food safe temperatures for long periods, and protects nutritional density with no overcook or food deterioration, a crucial need in hospitals, institutions, senior meals and schools
- Simplicity - easy to activate; set it and forget it
- Transformative - reduces need for expensive kitchen equipment and skilled labor to set-up or monitor, which will fundamentally change operating models, open the door to new business processes in foodservice and create new venues for remote foodservice
- Mobility–ideal for on-site, delivery or remote foodservice
- Duration – preserves texture, nutrition and maintains kitchen-fresh quality for 2+ hours
- Affordability – labor savings can outweigh product cost
In addition to HºEATS benefits, the Lava Gel compound is non-toxic, made from natural minerals and plant-based materials - making it an attractive option for companies looking for more environmentally-friendly solutions.
HºEATS is a Las Vegas-based company focused on bringing new heating innovations to the food industry. With increased demand for hot food in packaged, mobile, delivered and remote formats, HºEATS is filling a need for better and smarter heating and holding solutions. Powered by Lava Gel, HºEATS is adapting the Lava Gel technology for use in the foodservice and retail food industries worldwide. HºEATS’ first products are aimed at foodservice operators. Other foodservice heat & hold products and retail heat & eat packaging powered by Lava Gel are in development. Learn more at www.h-eats.com.
About Lava Gel USA
Lava Gel is a privately-held company based in Las Vegas, NV. A pioneer in natural mineral energy, Lava Gel provides safe, reliable, controllable spot heat across a number of industries for over a decade through its 90+ patents. Comprised of a diverse group of scientists, manufacturers, marketers, and industry veterans, Lava Gel USA is dedicated to using mineral energy to improve lives through the disruptive power of reimagined heat. Learn more at www.lavagelusa.com.