A Redesigned Range to Better Suit the Needs of Integrators and End Users
Angers, France - July 01, 2021
Evolis's range of card printers for self-service terminals is evolving. Comprising the KC range and the KM range, it offers a total of 5 different printers to cover all the needs of system integrators, kiosk manufacturers, and their customers.
The new KC range, with its new features and new products, is expected to attract new markets.
Launched in 2002 with a single machine, the Evolis Kiosk range now includes 5 card printers for self-service kiosks, divided between the KC and KM ranges. The changes made to this range concern the KC range in particular, which until now has consisted of 2 products: "We have redesigned our range to adapt it to the new needs of integrators. This work has led us to improve the features of our existing products but also to create new products," explains Agnès Puel, Product Manager at Evolis.
This new KC range has 3 products:
- KC Essential: this new printer in the KC range is one of the most compact. Among its strengths, it offers the possibility of integrating a bezel and a third-party feeder at a competitive price.
- KC Prime: this is the new, improved version replacing the KC200 and KC200B. It offers new options, such as the illuminated bezel, and provides more flexibility in mechanical integration, particularly thanks to the removal of the connectors on the side of the machine.
- KC Max: providing more autonomy in the operation of the printer and also allowing printing on several different card templates, the KC Max has been developed to offer a machine with four 100-card feeders.
At the same time, the KM range remains unchanged, with its 2 highly autonomous printers: the KM500B and KM2000B.
Thanks to this extended KC range and the improvements made, the French manufacturer now offers its customers even more possibilities to customize its printers. New features that represent new business opportunities.
Addressing New Markets
The instant issuance of plastic cards at self-service kiosks is becoming more and more widespread. It has many advantages for the companies that choose it:
- - Increase points of interaction with customers/users
- - Improve user satisfaction and experience by reducing wait times at the counter and providing 24/7 service
- - Reduce personnel costs
- - Benefit from an innovative brand image
The new KC range should also allow us to attract more new lines of business: "The evolution of our KC range will enable us to meet even more different needs and therefore, we hope, new projects," says Agnès Puel. These markets and their possible
- Leisure activities: boarding pass, cabin key, payment card for cruise ships; event badge; entrance or season pass for amusement park; membership card; hotel room key; ski pass; souvenir card
- Education: access control, payment (cafeteria, copy service, local businesses, etc.), book borrowing, access to the educational system (timetable, grades, etc.), identification, material loans, travel pass
- Finance: credit card, debit card, prepaid card, replacement of lost or stolen cards, opening a payment card account
- Government and municipalities: birth certificate, social security card, residence card, education certificate, family card
- Health: identification badge for nursing staff, COVID health card, organ donor card, blood type card, patient card, access and identity control, parking access, cafeteria payment
- Retail Stores: prepaid card, gift card, loyalty card
More info: https://us.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/kc-essential-kc-prime-kc-max-kiosk-card-printers
North America Marketing Manager