Harstad is in the middle of Northern Norway with great natural beauty and a history back to medieval times. You will find:
- a 13th century stone church with relics stretching back to the Viking ages?
- Norway's largest arctic wild life theme park the Polar Zoo?
- thousands of islands with whales, eagles, and some of the best deep sea fishing in the world?
- Harstad – located on the Hinnøya Island - the first island in the Lofoten-Vesteraalen archipelago?
- has an amazing shorex programme for summer and Winter guests?
- a WWII musuem with a fully operational Adolf gun – the largest land based artillery piece in history?
- is host to the Arts Festival of Northern Norway, the second largest multicultural event in Norway?
- one of Norway’s longest air strips at Evenes airport, handling any Aircraft?