Our Rapidfilm® is an innovative oral dosage form that offers strong advantages to patients and combines the convenience of a liquid with the stability and dosing accuracy of a tablet. We offer this technology accompanied by our development and manufacture expertise to our customers.
A Rapidfilm® is a very thin film which is applied in the mouth. It is based on water soluble polymers. Our films typically have a size of 3-9 cm2 and provide a thickness between 50 and 500 µm. The design can vary from single to multi layer systems. The main advantages of a Rapidfilm® are:
- Easy application - no swallowing difficulties and therefore high acceptance by elderly and children
- No beverages necessary for intake
- The film cannot be spat out
- Risk of Aspiration reduced
- Ideal „take-away medicine“
- Area proportional dosage form allowing for numerous different doses from one base laminate
The orodispersible Rapidfilm® works like a conventional or orodispersible tablet. The film is placed on the tongue and dissolves within a few seconds. The active ingredient is swallowed together with the saliva and takes the same route as a tablet via the liver where the drug is metabolized.